Windows Server 2012 R2 support
BackupAssist v7.4 and later supports the following features
Windows Server 2012 R2 builds on and enhances many of the features in Windows Server 2012.
BackupAssist supports Windows Server 2012 R1, as described here.
BackupAssist also supports Windows Server 2012 R2 as detailed below.
BackupAssist v 7.4.0 officially supports Windows Server 2012 R2 for backups, restores and recoveries.
The following technologies are included in BackupAssist's Windows Server 2012 R2 support:
- File Protection, including Rsync
- File Archiving, including Zip to Tape
- System Protection
- SQL Server Protection
- Exchange Granular Restore and Exchange Mailbox Protection
- Hyper-V Granular Restore
- Central Administration
- Hyper-V CSV backups with BackupAssist 8.0.1 and later
The following Windows Server 2012 R2 features are currently being evaluated for future inclusion in BackupAssist's support.
- Shared VHDX files
- iSCSI - VHDX support and up to 64Tb sizes
- More frequent Hyper-V Replica frequencies
- Work folders role