Below is a listing of all BackupAssist ER releases.
BackupAssist ER 1.1.2
September 9, 2020
- The release addresses a vulnerability in the software that could be used to compromise backup data. We are recommending that all BackupAssist ER users upgrade to v1.1.2 to receive this update.
BackupAssist ER 1.1.1
September 2, 2020
- Fixed an issue that caused local backups to be stuck at the beginning or about 3/4 of the way into the backup when running on systems with latest Windows updates.
BackupAssist ER 1.1.0
August 24, 2020
- Introduced support for S3-compatible cloud backup destinations. This includes support for destinations like Wasabi, MinIO, etc.
- Fixed an issue that prevented recovery or instant boot from a backup that was done when the job was disabled
- Improved the handling of volume and bare-metal selections when validating jobs.
- CryptoSafeGuard will now be enabled by default.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a CryptoSafeGuard scan to hang because of a specific file pattern.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Lifeline Recovery to incorrectly report “recovery succeeded” when the connection to the backup or the recovery destination is lost during the recovery.
- Improved flexibility on the recovery destination when there is more than 1 volume in the backup. e.g. Input: 4TB disk; partitions C*/D/E*/F are 1TB. Options now include: restore C/E to 2TB disk or F to 1TB disk.
File and application recovery
- Fixed an issue where a recovery could fail, in some circumstances, when a scheduled backup starts during the recovery process.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong error message was displayed when trying to run a recovery while a backup is running. Previously it was displaying a CryptoSafeGuard error.
Exchange Granular Restore
- New option to launch the Exchange Granular Restore tool manually so clients can extract emails from .edb/.pst files previously recovered from a cloud backup.
- Updated the BackupAssist ER icon in the list of installed applications.
- For the “Your recover options” page cards, the help links have been moved to the bottom left and the action buttons have been moved to the bottom right.
- Resized the column widths for the files table in the Recover properties to optimize the space usage.
- The Action buttons for the “Restore from available backup” page is always visible so it does not scroll off the page if the grid is too long.
- Fixed potentially inaccurate subscription-renewal-date display.
- BackupAssist ER will now only allow license keys in the valid format to be used.
- Improved the backup report warnings for reverse-incremental problems.
- Other applications can now appear in front of the BackupAssist ER splash screen.
- Removed the NTFS and file ownership options when downloading backups. These are not relevant to backup downloading.