Server 2012

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v7.x.x.

Moderators: casey.burns, Stuart, michael.jones, gsohal, Mike D

Server 2012

Postby jamohill » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:29 pm

We have just upgraded to windows server 2012, however we are having a few issues with backups. when ever we do server back up we get "this version does not support this version of the file format" we have tried using different programs and everything still the same problem. we have done some research and it appears to be the nas drive. the fix is to change the samba config. however we don't want to be hacking in to every single nas.

when was using server 2008 r2 we never had a problem with this, its only since we upgraded to server 2012.

is it to do with the new vhdx format it uses ??

has anyone else had the same problems and what is the best solution ??
jamohill
User

Re: Server 2012

Postby casey.burns » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:01 pm

Hi there,

My name is Casey, and I'm with the BackupAssist team. Thanks for posting on our forum.

What version of BackupAssist are you currently using?

BackupAssist v7 should not have a problem backing up with Server 2012 or Server 2008. Version 6 and older will not properly backup 2012 Hyper-V guests, and one of the reasons is because of the change of extension to the virtual disks.

The best solution for this issue, if you're not using v7 is to upgrade. If you have v7 and this problem is occuring, it would be best to send diagnostics to us so we may correct the problem promptly.
To send us diagnostic information please follow these steps:

1) Go to Contact Support (from the bottom-left corner of the console) -> Contact Support
2) Fill out the form and ensure that the Submit system diagnostics checkbox at the bottom is checked.

If you have any issues using our automated support tool please follow these steps to manually send in your diagnostics file:

1. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data (server 2003/XP) or C:\ProgramData\ (server 2008/Vista/Win7)
2. Email support@backupassist.com a zipped version of the following folder: BackupAssist vX (Where X is the version that you are running)

If you find this file is too large to e-mail, you can trim down the size of the logs by removing anything older than a week within the following folders under the BackupAssist folder
- Summaries
- History
- Reports
- Temp

With the Temp folder, it's the default destination for PST and SQL backups to be stored during the backup process, so if there are any of these types of backups contained you can remove these as well as we don't require them.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have anything further to add.
Kind regards,

Casey Burns
BackupAssist Support
casey.burns
User

Re: Server 2012

Postby sarahjoe » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:01 pm

OK, so after further reading, it appears that 1) I have upgrade protection, and 2) I don't need the Zip to tape feature.

So, I should be all set once I purchase the v7 upgrade. How do I know when I am due to purchase upgrade protection?
sarahjoe
User

Server 2012

Postby Rubenitasy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:22 pm

Just as a FYI I am rebooting faen the SQL server in prep for tomorrow so there may be a few minutes of downtime today.

патрон босс
Rubenitasy
User

Return to Technical Support v7