Exchange Backup Errors

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v5.x.x.

Moderators: casey.burns, Stuart, michael.jones, gsohal, Mike D

Exchange Backup Errors

Postby jonelr » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:13 am

Very recently I have been getting the following error when backing up both the Exchange mailboxes and Exchange on SBS 2003:
Completed with major warnings:
BA1771: A conflict with an antivirus program has stopped messages from being exported.

I tried turning off the antivirus program and performing the backup, but still get the same message.
When I look at the report, the error seems to be with my mailbox and I think related to old calendar events that could not be exported - any idea how to fix?
jonelr
User

Re: Exchange Backup Errors

Postby michael.jones » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:01 am

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us in relation to BackupAssist. I'm Michael Jones, one of the technical support engineers.
I am sorry that you are having an issue with our product. I would like very much to work with you to resolve any problems as quickly as possible.

I'm afraid that I'll require some additional information from you.

Would it be possible for you to send in a set of diagnostic information from BackupAssist? This will give us a lot more information to run on to be able to help resolve this quickly for you.

The steps to submit diagnostics are as follows:
1. Open BackupAssist.
2. Click on the Help menu across the top of the console.
3. Select Feedback and Support... from the drop down menu.
4. Click on Contact Support.
5. Enter the details asked for:

Valid E-mail Address: (so we know where to send our answer to your question).
Subject: Brief overview of your query.
Message: A detailed overview of exactly what your query is about. The more information you give here will make it easier for our support team to assist you.

Make sure the tick box stating 'Submit system diagnostics to help our support team with your query' is ticked and this will zip all your BackupAssist settings so that we can review these specifically for your environment.

If you have further issues, please browse to:

32-bit OS: C:\Program Files\BackupAssist vX (where X is the version number you're running)
64-bit OS: C:\Program Files (x86)\BackupAssist vX (where X is the version number you're running)
Browse for a file named BackupAssistDiagnostics.zip and send this to us directly.
As an alternative, you can also use our manual upload site which has a limit of 50MB. The URL for this manual submission page is http://www.backupassist.com/BackupAssis ... submit.php.
Should you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me - I'd be glad to assist you.

Thank You,
Michael R. Jones
BackupAssist Help Desk
US Support New Albany, IN
Support@backupassist.com
michael.jones
Cortex I.T.

Return to Technical Support v5