BA1506 MSSQL database offline error

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v5.x.x.

Moderators: casey.burns, Stuart, michael.jones, gsohal, Mike D

BA1506 MSSQL database offline error

Postby adam.carter » Tue May 17, 2011 10:51 pm

We had a "TEST" MS SQL server running, that we took off line since we don't currently need it. I unchecked marked the box for the SQL "TEST" database. For the first day or two my logfile/report would come back as sucsessful, however I have started getting the following emails from the server, even though the box is unchecked for that SQL database. (same error message as when the box was checked marked, and the database was off-line)

Anyway to stop the "Completed with major warnings" when it should be reporting "Successful"

SQL Server
BA1506 Cannot backup the specified database as it is offline, being recovered, suspect, in the middle of a restore, or otherwise cannot be accessed at this time Help

Additional Information: Database 'TEST' cannot be opened because it is offline. BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

BackupAssist Version 5.4.5
adam.carter
User

Re: BA1506 MSSQL database offline error

Postby michael.jones » Wed May 18, 2011 3:32 am

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us in relation to BackupAssist. I'm Michael Jones, one of the technical support engineers.
I am sorry that you are having an issue with our product. I would like very much to work with you to resolve any problems as quickly as possible.
Can you please create a new job without the SQL job as part of it? Then rerun the job, this should correct the issue you are having

I recommend that you update to the newest version of BackupAssist, it has several updates. Please use this link to update to the newest version 5, BackupAssist version 5.4.7:
http://www.backupassist.com/downloads/r ... etupBA.exe
This is a free update for you and it will install over your current version keeping all of your jobs and settings.
If you are still having issues, once you have done this, I would like you to send in a new set of diagnostic information from BackupAssist.

To send us diagnostic information please follow these steps:

1) Go to Contact Support (from the bottom-left corner of the console) -> Contact Support
2) Fill out the form and ensure that the Submit system diagnostics checkbox at the bottom is checked.

If you have any issues using our automated support tool please follow these steps to manually send in your diagnostics file:

1. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data (server 2003/XP) or C:\ProgramData\ (server 2008/Vista/Win7)
2. Email support@backupassist.com<mailto:support@backupassist.com> a zipped version of the following folder: BackupAssist vX (Where X is the version that you are running.)

Should you have additional questions or concerns BackupAssist, please don't hesitate to contact me - I'd be glad to assist you.
Should you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me - I'd be glad to assist you.

Thank You,
Michael R. Jones
BackupAssist Help Desk
US Support New Albany, IN
Support@backupassist.com
michael.jones
Cortex I.T.

Postby adam.carter » Wed May 18, 2011 4:14 am

We have been talking to upgrading all of the servers to 6.?? version in the upcoming days.. If I just update the server, and leave the current job alone, will that fix the error? Or do I still need to create a new backup job, without the "TEST" database selected?
adam.carter
User

Postby adam.carter » Mon May 23, 2011 11:27 pm

I was just in the server looking at a different problem, and found something that "may fix this"

BackupAssist 5.4.5 running SQL addon..

There is a box that was check marked "Select all databases" (New databases will also be included)
Now that box was still checked, even though I had a box under it for the "SQL TEST DATABASE" unchecked.

In MOST software that I have seen you can NOT have "Select all" and then also have one of the boxes under it unchecked.. I wonder if this is not confusing the programing logic.. or something like that.

I unchecked the box "Select all databases" (New databases will also be included)... and we will see what that does.

I think there should be TWO different options: and the user has the option to have one or both of them checked..
1. Select all databases
2. include any New databases

Maybe I am way off here, but I will know tomorrow
adam.carter
User

Postby adam.carter » Mon May 23, 2011 11:30 pm

WAIT.. It gets even better..LMAOROTF

The programers put a new SQL database on the server..

Backupassist has automaticly recheckmarked the "TEST" server that I had unchecked last week, and then DID NOT checkmark the new database.. But it attempted to backup both of them.. WTF :shock:
adam.carter
User

Postby adam.carter » Tue May 24, 2011 10:48 pm

Well last night’s backup worked 100% after doing
I unchecked the box "Select all databases" (New databases will also be included)... and we will see what that does.

So I will go with "solved" unless I update the tread at a later time, if the problem comes back.

Not sure if any of the newer versions of BackupAssist have this as an option, But I think there should be TWO different options at the top, one as select all, and the other being automatically add any new database's. NOT one box that does both, I think that was my problem...
adam.carter
User

Postby martin123 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:26 pm

We accept been talking to advance all of the servers to 6.?? adaptation in the accessible days.. If I aloof amend the server, and leave the accepted job alone, will that fix the error? Or do I still charge to actualize a new job, after the "TEST" database selected?
martin123
User

Return to Technical Support v5