Server becomes unresponsive

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v5.x.x.

Moderators: casey.burns, Stuart, michael.jones, gsohal, Mike D

Server becomes unresponsive

Postby muaddib32 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:20 pm

Using BA5.4 with 4 Seagate GoFLex Desk external HDD. USB 2.0. On an SBS2003. For the last few weeks the server has been unresponsive first thing in the morning. At first I thought it was being caused by the backup but it now seems that it is occurring when the disks are swapped over.

Has anyone experienced this? Do I just replace the disks, possibly with another brand, or is there another solution.
muaddib32
User

Re: Server becomes unresponsive

Postby Stuart » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi there,

It's Stuart here from the BackupAssist team, thanks for posting on our forum. Sorry to hear that you've had these issues.

By the sounds of it, it appears that there may be some issue within Windows itself and dealing with hot swapping drives?
You should try different brands of hard drive to see if this helps resolve the issue or not, however I'd also be looking at the operating system also and seeing what you can find as it's most likely to be housing the root of the cause to your issues.

Hopefully you'll be able to move forwards with this and gain a satisfactory resolution to your issue.
Stuart Edwards
BackupAssist Support

*Have you tried restoring from your backups lately?*
Stuart
Cortex I.T.

Return to Technical Support v5