Once you have purchased the appropriate BackupAssist product keys, you can activate them using an automatic online process or a manual process . When activating BackupAssist, a web request is made via the standard HTTPS and HTTP ports.
If the machine running BackupAssist has an internet connection, BackupAssist's license keys can be activated using the Help menu’s Licensing dialog.
To activate a license key:
- Start BackupAssist
- Select Help > Licensing
- Click Activate and a pop-up window will open.
- Enter your license key into the field provided.
- Select Add another key and repeat the process for each key to be added.
- Once the keys have been added, select Activate.
BackupAssist will then communicate with the BackupAssist website to activate the license keys entered. The licensing screen will indicate which components have been activated.
If the machine running BackupAssist does not have an internet connection, BackupAssist license keys can be activated manually using the Help menu’s Licensing dialog.
To manually activate a license key:
- Start BackupAssist
- Go to Help > Licensing. This
- Click Activate and the Activate product keys window will open.
- Enter the license keys that you have purchased. Use the Add another key button to enter additional keys for activation.
- Select the tick box next to the key that you want to activate.
- Deselect the tick box next to This machine is connected to the internet.
- Click Activate again, and the Manual activation window will open.
- Browse to the location you want BackupAssist to save the activation file to or type in the path, then select Save. The activation file will be saved to this location. This is step 1 in the activation dialog, as shown screen shot below.
- Copy the activation file to a machine that has internet access.
- Go to the BackupAssist activation web page
- Browse for the location of the activation file and select the file.
- Select Open in the browser window, and the file will appear in the activation web page.
- From the activation web page, select Activate / Deactivate BackupAssist.
- The browser will give you a response file. Save that response file to a location that can be accessed by the BackupAssist machine, e.g. a flash drive, or network location. This is step 2 in the activation dialog, as shown in the screen shot.
- Now return to BackupAssist and proceed to step 3 in the BackupAssist dialog.
- Now, click Activate in the BackupAssist dialog
The license key will now be activated and the licensing screen will indicate which components have been activated.