This section lists the operating systems and Microsoft server applications supported by BackupAssist Classic, BackupAssist WFH and MultiSite Manager. BackupAssist Classic offers a 30-day free trial to help you verify the supported platforms within your own environments.
Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows Server 2022 family - Supported from v11.1.0
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019 family - Supported from v10.4.5
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 family - Supported from v9.5 (not Nano Server)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 family
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 family - supported by v11 and lower
Note: Hyper-V on Windows Server is supported. CSV on Server 2016 is supported from v10.
Note: Variants such as Storage Center and Data Center for the above OS families are also supported.
Microsoft Client Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 11 (64-bit) - Supported from v11.1.0
- Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) - Supported from v9.1
- Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit) - Supported from v9.2.3 - supported by v11 and lower
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit) (Professional, Enterprise) Not supported in v11 or later - supported by v11 and lower
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit) (Professional, Enterprise) Supported from v9.2.3 Not supported in v11 or later - supported by v11 and lower
Microsoft application servers
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2019 - Supported from v10.5*
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 - Supported from v9.2
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3
* The Exchange Granular Add-on currently supports Exchange 2019 RTM
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017 - Supported from v10.5
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 - Service Pack 2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 - Service Pack 3
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 - Service Pack 4
Note: BackupAssist Classic support for the Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 families, and Windows 7 and Windows 8, ended on May 1, 2020. Click here for more details.