Once you have created a backup job, you can modify its settings using the Manage screen's Edit option.
This allows you to change selections that were made when the job was created. There are also options that are not available when you create a backup job.
To modify a backup job:
- Select BackupAssist's Backup tab
- Select Manage Backup Jobs
- Select the backup job that you want to change.
- Select Edit from the top menu
- Select the part of the job you want to change from the list on the left
- Once you have made the required changes, select Apply changes
There are 8 standard Edit options, similar to the steps completed during the backup job creation. There may also be backup specific options.
The Prepare media option allows you to label the removable drive that you are backing up to. Labeling the media allows BackupAssist to recognize it and check that the correct drive is being used on the correct day. For example, if you attached a USB drive in on Tuesday but it was labeled Wednesday, BackupAssist will warn you that the incorrect drive was detected.
To Prepare the media:
- Select the Prepare media button at the top of the UI.
- Attach the removable media devices. If you can only attach one media at a time, repeat the steps for each media.
- Change the label's description if you do not want to use the default description.
- Select the drive designation.
- Select Prepare. This will initiate the preparation and labeling process.