BackupAssist Classic v11
BackupAssist Classic v11 provides great new features to help you stay cyber-resilient.
Cyber Black Box recorder
Faster investigations, better remediations.
After a cyber hacking incident, investigators rely on forensics to piece together what happened. Unfortunately, SMBs rarely gather and keep such evidence. Cyber Black Box captures vital forensics information in real time and includes them in the backups. Current and historical forensics are now available to investigators.
To learn more, see Cyber Black Box.
Password protection for the BackupAssist Console
An extra layer of security.
Ensures only authorized users can run the software. Prevents malicious actors from changing backup configuration. Set up a password and password hint. Secure password reset is available via BackupAssist customer service.
To learn more, see Password protection.
S3-compatible destination for cloud backups
More options, smaller storage costs.
Opens up more cloud storage options via public clouds providers like Wasabi and BackBlaze, and private cloud software packages like FreeNAS, MinIO, and Zenko CloudServer. Pick the right option to suit your security requirements, data handling / compliance needs, and budget. Full support for continuing incremental Cloud Backups after copying the container in full from one Cloud Backup destination to another (WebDAV is not supported).
To learn more, see Cloud Backup
Even better security against ransomware.
Detection: Improved whitelisting by filename. QuickBooks restore instructions files no longer trigger false positives.
Shielding: BackupAssist configuration and data files are shielded from corruption by ransomware and malicious change by hackers.
To learn more, see BackupAssist CryptoSafeGuard
Other improvements and enhancements include:
- New look UI design and improved main navigation.
- Audit Log captures high level activities initiated by users of BackupAssist and the major activities of the BackupAssist Service and Executor.
- RecoverAssist environments are safe to build from the local system after applying future untested Windows Updates. Also applies to Bootable Backup Media creation.
- Installation no longer supported on unsupported Windows OS. V11 only installs on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, and Windows Server 2012 and later.
- Installation requires Microsoft.Net 4.6.2 and will optionally install that version if required.
Bug fixes include:
- Fixed rare service crash on startup when reporting job executions.
- “Don’t keep deleted files” option for Rsync mirror not working.
- CSG honeypots vulnerable to false positives when roaming profiles are enabled.
- CSG Hyper-V guest scanning without snapshot since 10.5.4.
- Fixed bug with restoring data from moved cloud backups.