Error on a request to MS_UpdateNtmsOmidInfoWhen you try to perform a backup, you see this error message in the backup report:
The device reported an error on a request to MS_UpdateNtmsOmidInfo.
Error reported: 5.
An inconsistency was encountered on the media in 4mm DDS. Do not append to this media
- This error has been documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base Article here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815028
This behavior occurs because the Backup Operator is not permitted to update the tape label.
- A hardware fault with VIA chipset motherboards can cause the error.
- This behavior can occur if the Allow service to interact with desktop box is checked in the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service.
- Additionally this error can be caused if you have Veritas ? installed - http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264969.htm
- Obtain the latest service pack for Windows 2000 according to the Microsoft article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815028
- Obtain the latest driver and bios for your motherboard and chipset - http://sony.storagesupport.com/cgi-bin/sonysupport.cgi/fYj-tC=UL8Ev=QHf=DPZXE=HZha-UeQ7/faq/view/736
- View http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBQ/tip8200/rh8288.htm for details on how to alter the Remote Procedure Call Service
- Uninstall ? from the machine.