BackupAssist Classic and BackupAssist WFH require the following system specifications and .NET framework versions.
- BackupAssist's installation size is approximately 150mb.
- The memory requirements are the recommended requirements for the version of the Windows operating system and Windows Server application being used.
- BackupAssist Classic does not have a specific memory requirement. The minimum amount of memory is the recommended minimum for the version of Windows Server being used.
- The Windows Display setting should not be above 100%. Doing so will oversize the fonts.
- To review the supported operating systems and server applications, see Supported platforms
Microsoft .NET Framework requirements
BackupAssist Classic requires Microsoft .NET Framework v4.6.2 full version. If the full version of Microsoft .NET Framework v4.6.2 is not already installed on the destination machine, it will be downloaded and installed as part of the BackupAssist installation process.
- Beta versions of the .NET Framework v4 should be removed manually prior to installation.
- The client version of .NET Framework v4 will be upgraded automatically to the full version.
- Older versions of the .NET Framework will be retained.
Microsoft .NET Framework v4.6.2 pre-requisites
To run Microsoft .NET Framework v4.6.2, the operating system used will need a certain level of service pack.
Windows Server .Net Framework requirements:
- Windows Server 2012 and 2012R2 requires no service packs, but requires installation of Framework 4.6.2
- Windows Server 2016 and 2019 already include the required version of the Framework.
Windows Desktop .Net Framework requirements:
- Windows 10 requires no service packs and has included the required version of the Framework since the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
For operating system and platform support, see Supported platforms