Windows Server backup and disaster recovery software
Ensure business continuity with simple, fast and reliable backups of your Microsoft Windows Servers. With a comprehensive suite of technologies to back up, restore and recover your data and systems, you are in safe hands with BackupAssist.
Choose BackupAssist v7.4 for
Reliable & Predictable - Supporting the full range of Microsoft Windows servers and Small Business servers, we have worked hard to achieve our Gold Application Developer certification from Microsoft.
What's new in v7.4?
- NEW Support for Windows Server 2012 R2. This support includes the backup, restore and recovery of data and VSS applications, and non-CSV Hyper-V environments.
- NEW Restore options section for System Protection, File Protection, File Archiving and SQL Protection backup reports. Our backup reports now detail your restore options, including your Hyper-V and Exchange options.
- NEW Recovery options section for System Protection backup reports. Backup reports now provide advice on your recovery options, including your BIOS, EFI and Hyper-V guest recovery options for each System Protection backup.
- NEW Restore log file that contains a list of all files processed during a restore and the result for each file. Now you can view your backup jobs in detail and review what took place on the individual files you selected.
- NEW Restore option to queue backup jobs while a restore is running. Your restores will now be more stable, as BackupAssist removes any potential conflicts between backups and restores that use the same data or storage device.
Effortlessly backup your IT infrastructure, both systems and data
BackupAssist makes the core decisions easy guiding you through: what to backup, where to backup and when to backup.
- Automatic back up of files and applications or complete servers using System Protection, File Protection and File Archiving.
- Standard backups are VSS-Aware allowing for real-time backups of Exchange, SQL, Hyper-V and other VSS applications.
- Back up Hyper-V machines, including those in CSV environments.
- Back up SQL Servers on a near-continuous basis (minimum every 15 minutes) for maximum protection.
- Use a single Exchange backup to restore both Exchange Servers and individual mail items.
- A tailored selection of schemes that provide both daily and historical backups with media labelling and notifications.
- Create, manage, monitor and report on your backups in real time both locally and remotely.
- Data containers that can be created for image backups on network, external disk, local drive and RDX destinations.
- Portable image backups for RDX, network, external disk and local drive destinations. Image backups can now be moved to another supported media and all the backups on that media can still be restored.
Rapidly retrieve data from your backup
BackupAssist provides an integrated suite of restore technologies that step you through the restore process.
- BackupAssist will catalogue your backups so they are easy to locate and associate them with the appropriate restore tool.
- Use the Restore Console to search multiple backups at the same time or browse a single backup to locate the data you want.
- Restore individual files from a Hyper-V guest and its host or restore the virtual machine itself.
- Restore an Exchange Server's databases, mailboxes and individual mail items like emails from a single backup.
- Restore an entire SQL Server, databases or individual transactions.
- Exchange Granular Restore can be used to restore individual mail items to a PST file or a live Exchange Sever. This feature can use any standard backup type and includes support for Exchange 2013.
Swiftly rebuild your entire system from a backup
You can rely on BackupAssist to recover your data & systems quickly and minimise your downtime
- Create a customized, bootable recovery media using RecoverAssist.
- Launch a custom recovery environment with support files, drivers and command line support.
- Select from a list of recovery tools and applications and add them to your recovery media.
- Access an image backup from a local drive, network share or iSCSI target and perform a bare-metal recovery of your system and data.
Remote administration made easy
The remote tools provided by BackupAssist make managing multiple machines quick and easy.
- Central Administration can be used to perform remote backups, remote restores and real-time monitoring and reporting.
- The two main technologies in Central Administration are:
- Remote console: a web application that can be used from anywhere on your LAN to view reports and to start, stop and monitor your backup jobs.
- Remote session: Open a remote session and manage another computer's BackupAssist installation so you can create and modify backup jobs and restore data.
- Centralized Monitoring: a web resource for Resellers that consolidates reports from all of your backup jobs and provides helpful options for viewing and analysing those reports.
Want more information?
We've picked out the most useful quick start guides and whitepapers from our most popular technologies.
The backup features depend on the operating system. For a list of supported environments for each backup technology, please refer to the individual feature pages.
Below is a list of operating systems and technologies supported by BackupAssist.
Microsoft VSS Applications*
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010
* All Microsoft VSS aware applications supported
Microsoft Virtual Environments
- Microsoft Hyper-V 2012
- Microsoft Hyper-V 2008 R2
- Microsoft Hyper-V 2008
Microsoft Client Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 8 (Ultimate & Professional)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (Ultimate & Professional)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (Ultimate, Business & Enterprise)
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 family
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 family
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 family
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 family
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 family
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP1 family
* Server 2012R2 Hyper-V support is for non-CSV environments.
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011
(Standard, Essentials & Premium)
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008
(Standard & Premium)
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2
(Standard & Premium)
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003
(Standard & Premium)
- Microsoft Windows Essential Business Server 2008
(Standard & Premium)
- Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008
- Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2003 SP1