SQL Backup and Restoration
Backup and restore specific databases or a complete SQL Server with BackupAssist SQL Protection.
Scalable SQL backups
BackupAssist automatically scans your local machine for any SQL Servers and presents them for selection using a drop down list. Once your selection is made, a list of databases will be displayed for each SQL Server.
BackupAssist displays both SQL System and company databases so you can make a customised SQL backup job that meets the needs of your backup strategy.
Layered SQL protection
Complete SQL Server protection is achieved using two built-in scheduling options:
- Basic backup: can be run daily to provide a complete backup of your SQL Server.
- Transactional schedule: performs transaction log backups throughout the day.
Transactional backups run every 15 minutes to ensure your data is protected. This is an ongoing backup of your SQL Server which provides near-continuous protection without the high costs of clustering or replication.
The layers of protection can be scheduled to work together:
- Before the day begins with a full backup of all databases.
- During the day with data changes backed up every 15 minutes.
Customize your backup destination
Save your SQL Protection backups to secure, fixed media with a selection of custom options to manage:
- How long the backup are kept for
- How many backups are retained
- How much storage space each SQL backup can use.
Managing multiple backups means you have multiple restore points if one of your backups is corrupted or unusable.
Restore your SQL databases to a point in time
BackupAssist uses a dedicated SQL Restore tool to compliment the SQL Protection backup.
The SQL Restore Tool can:
- List local SQL Servers you can restore data to
- Restore to a remote SQL Server by name or IP address
- Restore a master database, for example, if your SQL database is being recreated
- Restore to specific company (user) databases
- Display transactional backups in order to restore to the closest point in time
- Migrate databases from one server to another
- Restore individual database transactions
- Restore incomplete transactions
- Roll a restored database, file, file group or page forward to the point of failure
BackupAssist SQL Server Add-on
- Supported SQL Servers
All variants of SQL 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008 R2 & 2012
SQL backup in standard .bak format.
- SQL Server Protection Whitepaper
"We have 3 servers, 2 with [competitor] and one that wasn't backing up. I was looking for a solution for the 3rd server but didn't want to pay for [competitor].
"Your application was... much easier to use with the same level of protection."
"I'm glad that we found BackupAssist. Whilst we realise the importance of backups ourselves, it has always been difficult to sell to clients in small to medium business when we had to include software with a $1000+ price tag. BackupAssist will make the sale much easier not only because of the price tag, but because we KNOW that it works so well."
"NTBackup scheduling is clumsy and unreliable. Client did not want to spend on [major competitors'] products."
"Another Computer consultant evaluated, purchased and recommended this software to Network Integration Solutions Inc. Since then, we are so impressed, that as far as I'm concerned any of our new servers will have a license of BackupAssist to make the media management simple."