Protect your files and applications with a fast and simple file copy technology that doesn't compromise on features.
Extensive backup options
The backup wizard steps you through backups, helping with what to backup, when to back up, notifications and where to store data.
- Hardware supported includes external disks, RDX drives, local directories, NAS devices and iSCSI targets.
- Each schedule is tailored to the backup destination you selected and is used to manage daily and archiving backups.
- You can also easily customize email reports for backups and restores using a managed recipient list.
Complimentary backup methods
File Protection offers two modes of operation - mirror and backup-with-history.
- Mirror mode: This creates an exact replica of your files and folders. The data is written over each time so that you have a complete and consistent backup that has no dependencies.
- Backup-with-history mode: This creates a new set of backup data in a uniquely named folder each time a backup job runs. Backups created using this mode are useful for maintaining many restore points over a long period of time.
Easy and effective restores
Search multiple backups at once or browse single backups all in the same intuitive interface. File Protection backups use the Restore Console to:
- Restore files and folders.
- Restore VSS applications such as Exchange and SQL databases.
- Restore full Hyper-V guests and data from inside of Hyper-V hosts.
File Protection backups can also be used to restore individual mail items using the Exchange Granular Restore Add-on.
This technology provides the benefits of both incremental backups and full backups. Once you create the initial backup of all your data, each subsequent backup will only back up data that has changed.
This backup can be used to restore data that has not changed by creating markers that point to that data in your last full backup.
Rsync remote backups
Rsync is an Add-on, unique to File Protection, that allows you to back up data across the internet to a remote Rsync host. Just set up Rsync on the destination server or a use third party host such as a cloud storage provider.
This remote backup solution is great for:
- People working on the road or overseas
- Working from a home office
- A small, local office that backs up to your head office
- Backing up servers to a remote data center
- Backing up to a cloud provider
Protect your organisation's data so that only you can access it by enabling 256-bit AES encryption. BackupAssist uses the enhanced security of TrueCrypt to protect the data on your backup destination. This is especially important for portable and removable backup media and data that is stored offsite.
(System Protection and File Archiving also included in this license.)
- Supported Microsoft Operation Systems*
Windows Server 2012;
Windows Server 2008 R1/R2;
Windows SBS (2011, 2008);
Windows 8 (Professional or Ultimate);
Windows 7 (Professional or Ultimate);
Windows Vista (Business or Ultimate)
*Windows Server 2012 & 2008R2 support is for the full family of operating systems including Server Core and Hyper-V server.
Exact file copying with intelligent differentials, VSS support and single instance store.
- Supported VSS Applications^
Exchange Server (2013, 2010, 2007);
SQL Server (2012, 2008, 2005);
Hyper-V on 2012 and 2008R2, including Server Core and Hyper-V Server;
Hyper-V on Windows Server 2008R1;
^ All Microsoft VSS aware applications are supported
- Supported Destinations
Local Hard Drive
Network Location (NAS)
- File Protection Whitepaper
"We have 3 servers, 2 with [competitor] and one that wasn't backing up. I was looking for a solution for the 3rd server but didn't want to pay for [competitor].
"Your application was... much easier to use with the same level of protection."
"I'm glad that we found BackupAssist. Whilst we realise the importance of backups ourselves, it has always been difficult to sell to clients in small to medium business when we had to include software with a $1000+ price tag. BackupAssist will make the sale much easier not only because of the price tag, but because we KNOW that it works so well."
"NTBackup scheduling is clumsy and unreliable. Client did not want to spend on [major competitors'] products."
"Another Computer consultant evaluated, purchased and recommended this software to Network Integration Solutions Inc. Since then, we are so impressed, that as far as I'm concerned any of our new servers will have a license of BackupAssist to make the media management simple."