For users of our Centralized Management Console (CMC), big changes are coming. The sharp and steady growth of our partner’s businesses has necessitated that we, too, grow to match their needs. If you’re a user of our CMC service, below is some must-know information about our upcoming server change.
What are we doing?
We are upgrading the CMC server to give it more capacity. Also, to better align the CMC with new partner programs, we are also moving it to a new url — cmc.backupassist.com. We’re very excited about the change, because it allows us to provide even better service to our partners and their channels.
When are we doing this?
The upgrade will take place in 6am to 1pm on Sunday 22nd May (Melbourne, Australian Time). During this time, the CMC server will be offline, which means users will not be able to access their CMC accounts. However, our website, shopping cart, and Reseller portal will not be affected whatsoever.
If you are not located in Australia and wish to know what time the upgrade will take place for you, check out the table below.
|Location||Upgrade will occur between||Date|
|New York, U.S.||4pm to 11pm||21 May 2016|
|San Francisco, U.S.||1pm to 8pm||21 May 2016|
|London, UK||9pm to 4am||21 to 22 May 2016|
|Berlin, Germany||10pm to 5am||21 to 22 May 2016|
|Hong Kong||4am to 11pm||22 May 2016|
|Melbourne, Australia||6am to 1pm||22 May 2016|
Why are we doing this?
When we designed the CMC server, it was more than enough for our partners and their channels. However, as those channels have experienced significant growth over the last few years, it’s time to rise to the challenge. We want to not only meet current demand but put in place the building blocks for future growth.
How does this affect me?
We predict a smooth, seamless transition to the new CMC server. Even so, it is important for partners to know the following four things.
- You won’t be able to access your CMC account online while we are upgrading the CMC Server.
- While we are upgrading the CMC server (and for a few hours afterwards) you will not receive any CMC reports.
- After the upgrade is completed, we will automatically send any reports that were delayed through to you. To be clear, no reports will be lost during the upgrade.
- You will not need to do anything. Access to your CMC Account will return to normal once the service is back online.
What if I see any issues?
As we stated above, the rollover should be swift and easy. In the unlikely event that you experience any issues, here is how to resolve them.
- If you have whitelisted BackupAssist.com for your CMC data, you may need to do the same for cmc.backupassist.com.
- If you find you are not receiving CMC reports, you may need to make a new exception in your spam filter. This is because the e-mail address will be changing from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org. Check your spam filter and add the new address to your e-mail whitelist.
- If your machine stops sending reports, you may need to deregister and then reregister your installation with CMC to get things back up and running.
- Your first report after the upgrade is complete may be inaccurate. This is due to the CMC not having the opportunity to process all the inbound backup reports queued at the remote BA sites. Your next report should be accurate.
Got any questions?
We’re always happy to hear them. For any issues and inquiries, don’t hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.