As the world faces an unprecedented public health emergency, I would like to convey sincerest best wishes to all our clients spread across 165 countries. Times like these help us understand our true priorities in life and I hope everyone remains positive and productive in this challenging time.
Here’s a summary of the latest updates pertaining our team and our support for your business.
1. Firstly, it’s business as usual at BackupAssist.
Earlier in March 2020, we switched all our staff to working from home. By doing this early, weeks ahead of government-mandated lockdowns, we were able to iron out the issues while there was still time.
This means that today, it’s business as usual for all of us – although we are now dependent on having reliable home internet connections and children that will leave us alone long enough to get some work done!
2. Online contact and support remain the same
Our phone, email and chat channels will continue to operate as normal. However, now email is preferred for two reasons.
- We’ve noticed that some of our home Internet connections can be a little problematic as our ISPs struggle to cope with the load. So if phone calls sometimes drop out (we use IP phones) – we apologise in advance. Let’s hope our neighbors don’t watch too much Netflix while we’re working!
- Occasionally there may be some minor response delays, as many of our team members have families – and children can be a little impatient at times. We appreciate your understanding if we take a little extra time to get back to you.
3. More thought leadership and advisory articles coming your way
We’re also working on regular thought leadership pieces and articles on our blog to keep you updated with best practices for cyber-resilience during this time. So, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Client Success team with any queries.
4. More product innovation in the pipeline
Over the next few months, you’ll see a number of exciting innovative product releases to help our clients keep their data backed up and safe from threats. Please stay tuned for some announcements!
We’re in this together.
Finally, I’d like to conclude by saying that we know business is tough out there. Social isolation just adds to this. And more importantly, people’s lives are on the line each day. Our hearts and prayers go out to everyone affected.
We are your partner in facing these challenges and remain stronger if we work together. Take care, keep your data and information safe, and keep in contact with us.