Today is World Backup Day. And contrary to popular belief, it’s not another holiday like SysAdmin’s day, or some plot to get IT staff lots of days off!
It’s an awareness day. One about the risk that every technology owner faces—whether it’s a home computer or a big business server. If you have data, it can and often will be lost.
When that happens, it’s the ones with backups who avoid ruin. That’s why World Backup Day happens a day before April 1st—April Fools Day. The only time you can prevent feeling foolish is before the fact. And for those of you who have experienced data loss, you know that sinking feeling in your gut of what you ‘should have done’, but didn’t.
The reason World Backup Day exists is because in this data-driven era, all too many people still throw caution to the wind, for so many reasons. For a business, this decision is fatal. It doesn’t matter what size your operation is. When it comes to data loss, no business is too big to fail.
We’ve compiled a list of list of guides on how to make an airtight backup strategy. And remember the World Backup Day pledge: “I solemnly swear to backup my important documents and precious memories on March 31st.”
And remember to tell your friends and family about World Backup Day – friends don’t let friends go without a backup!
Informative Backup Strategy Guides
• A Best Practices Guide for Planned and Unplanned Outages
• Tips for Proper Data Restoration
• What is an Air Gap, and Should I Do It?
• Third Party Backup Storage Services
• About Data Backup and Data Archiving
• What Is AES Encryption and Why Do I Need It?
• Test Restoring: A Vital Part of Your Backup Strategy
• All About Incremental Backups