Cortex IT Labs Announces BackupAssist v8 Launch
Melbourne, Australia - 26 June, 2014
Melbourne, VIC – Cortex IT Labs is excited to announce the launch of BackupAssist v8. This latest version is designed specifically to meet the Windows Server backup needs of businesses from small to medium size (SMBs). Balancing user-friendly simplicity with a host of advanced options for increased precision, v8 continues to offer affordability, reliability, simplicity and speed. BackupAssist v8 is available globally as of 06.26.2014.
Cortex IT Labs delivers BackupAssist v8 with significant improvements to users’ backup, restore and recovery capabilities. It greatly improves the speed of both backup and restore times by implementing industry leading “fast incremental” technology. V8 also places a greater focus on virtualization, with substantial advances in Hyper-V configuration and the setup process for Hyper-V hosts.
BackupAssist v8’s breadth of advanced features make it suitable for a wide range of users, whether they be IT Service Providers, educational institutions, publically listed enterprises or government organizations. At the same time, its user-friendly interface and affordable price make it equally as suitable for SMBs of any size or shape.
BackupAssist v8 continues to set the benchmark for Windows Server backup software. It far surpasses previous versions of BackupAssist and Cortex IT Labs is confident it will quickly earn its place as a major player in the global marketplace for Windows Server backup software.
“BackupAssist has always appealed to the SMB market because it is the most cost-effective, versatile and reliable Windows Server backup software on the market.” says Steven Chua, Business Development Manager of Cortex IT Labs.
Key Improvements include:
- Superior imaging backups – Backup history and storage space are fully managed, giving added control over how much history to keep.
- Improved Hyper-V setup – Simple configuration of Hyper-V backup options with a number of vast improvements to the setup process for Hyper-V hosts.
- Optimized System Protection – Server backups are faster and more precise than ever through utilization of cutting-edge “fast incremental” technology.
- Improved Exchange granular restore – Mail items can be opened, searched for and restored from PST and OST files with enhanced Exchanged account impersonation.
- Much more – see BackupAssist v8 release notes for full details.
To tie in with the release of BackupAssist v8, Cortex IT Labs have also launched a new website – offering a more contemporary style and look, with greatly improved navigation so users can easily find the content and support documentation they need.
BackupAssist starts from US $279 with a range of inexpensive add-ons for physical and virtual systems. This means users will only ever pay for what they need. Since its initial launch in 2002, BackupAssist has built upon reliable, standard technology to create solid backups that are not locked in proprietary formats. BackupAssist is trusted by businesses in more than 120 countries globally.
About Cortex IT
Cortex I.T. Labs Pty Ltd, an Australian software company based in Melbourne that specializes in data protection solutions for organizations from small to medium business (SMBs) through to enterprise-scale publically listed companies, educational institutions and government bodies. With offices in the USA and Australia and sales in over 120 countries, you can be assured that your backup and data protection needs are in safe hands.
- For breaking news, follow BackupAssist on Twitter or join our Facebook community
- For backup trends and analysis, follow the BackupAssist blog
A division of Cortex IT Labs Pty Ltd
+61 3 3899 4681
Media resources, including logo and box shot are available online at: www.backupassist.com/about/media.html