We’ve just released version 5.2.5 of BackupAssist.
This is a maintenance release and fixes some common issues, but also adds several new features that you may find useful.
The highlights are:
- NEW: Ability to backup to Amazon’s S3Rsync service using a new destination for Rsync.
- NEW: Added support for backing up Exchange 2003 via its VSS writer. This now works using Imaging, File Replication and Rsync jobs.
- NEW: For Imaging to NAS, there is now scheme “One week daily” providing daily version history, backing up to different paths like
\\server\share\Monday, etc. The previous scheme “Daily” has been renamed to “Single daily” to reflect the fact that Windows only retains a single restore point per repository when backing up to NAS.
- Fixed: In previous versions, our VSS implementation caused warnings to be written to the Windows Application Log, even though backups were completing successfully. The error was:
"Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface. hr = 0x80070005. This is often caused by incorrect security settings in either the writer or requestor process."
- Fixed: When preparing External Hard drive, we accidentally forcibly did an Eject after the medium was prepared. This would mean that it could take a long time to prepare the drive for backup.
The full release notes may be viewed on our history page.