The alleged ‘skills gap’ has been a hot topic of conversation in the IT industry for a couple of years now. Some argue it doesn’t exist, others argue it couldn’t be more real. We took a look at some of the most current data on the subject, and put together this infographic. Is the IT skills gap a serious problem? Will it affect your business? Is it already? Take a look and decide for yourself.
Click image to enlarge
The IT skills gap stats in text:
- Only 15% of businesses consider themselves ‘exactly where they want to be’ in utilizing technology within their organization.
- 75% of IT firms stated that they are either ‘understaffed’ or that they are currently ‘looking to hire’.
- The top 3 technology priorities for businesses are:
- Cyber security
- Data storage and backup solutions
- Network infrastructure
- 60% of IT Leaders believe the IT skills gap either ‘moderately’ or ‘severely’ affects their organization
- Only 37% of IT Leaders stated that they have a firm strategy in place for addressing the skills gap
- 70% of IT Leaders find a lack of skills to be the biggest issue when seeking candidates
- 57% of IT firms find it either ‘challenging’ or ‘very challenging’ to fill technical positions
- 52% of IT professionals say that an unfilled position on their team causes additional stress and impacts their job performance
- CompTIA, State of the IT Skills Gap 2014
- TEKSystems, IT Skills Gap Infographic
- Baseline, How the Skills Gap is Affecting IT Teams
What are your thoughts on the IT Skills Gap?
Leave your comment below, tweet @BackupAssist or post to facebook.
Share this article and spread the stats!
2 thoughts on “Mind the IT Skills Gap – Some Recent Stats [Infographic]”
Excellent and A wonderful read! Your article is the best one I have learnt, and it has helped me. Keep doing that.