- Protects – with features designed to stop ransomware from corrupting your backups from the BackupAssist computer.
- Detects – scans and detects the effects of ransomware activities in the source files under backup protection.
- Responds – alerts your administrator via SMS and E-mail upon detection of crypto-corrupted files.
- Preserves – blocks future backup jobs from running, thus preserving the last-known good backup.
“As a public services organization supported by tax dollars, we are extremely cognizant and cautious in how our budget is allocated,” said Mike Luu, Information Services Director, City of Milpitas, California. “We didn’t have an ‘enterprise-sized’ budget to spend on ransomware protection. However, we would be negligent if we didn’t invest in protection against the type of malicious software that could block access to our computers and data, and therefore our city services, until a sum of money is paid. And, that sum can be large – too large for an organization like ours. This is exactly the position some of my colleagues have found themselves in – it was ugly – and it wasn’t anything I wanted even the remotest possibility of having to deal with here. BackupAssist’s CryptoSafeGuard will deliver the extra layer of protection organizations need at an affordable price.”
• BackupAssist on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/BackupAssist
• BackupAssist on Spiceworks at https://community.spiceworks.com/pages/backupassist