We are pleased to announce that SQL Server 2014 is officially supported by BackupAssist. This expands on our existing SQL Server support for SQL 2012, SQL 2008/R2 and SQL 2005.
You can now back up and restore a complete SQL 2014 server or specific SQL 2014 databases, with BackupAssist’s fast and easy to use SQL protection solutions.
BackupAssist SQL Server 2014 protection
Create VSS backups of your SQL Server using BackupAssist, or near-continuous transaction level backups of your SQL databases using our SQL Add-on.
- Backup your SQL Server with VSS-Aware replication, archiving and imaging backups.
- Restore SQL databases using the BackupAssist restore console
- Recover your SQL Server and databases to same or dissimilar hardware using RecoverAssist.
The BackupAssist SQL Add-on
- Use transactional logging to achieve near-continuous backups of your SQL 2014 databases
- Restore your company’s database data or a damaged SQL master database.
- Display transactional backups and restore to the closest point in time.
- Restore individual database transactions.
To learn more, visit our BackupAssist SQL Protection page.
What’s new in SQL Server 2014
The SQL Server 2014 introduces:
- Database Engine enhancements
- Transact SQL enhancements
- System View enhancements
- Security enhancements
- Deployment enhancements
These enhancements include:
- Memory optimized tables to improve database performance.
- Individual partitions can now be rebuilt in partitioned tables.
- Windows Azure virtual machine support for SQL 2014 database hosting.
- Improved data query performance.
- AlwaysOn failover cluster enhancements.
To learn about the many new features and enchantments, visit the MSDN SQL page.
To learn more about Microsoft SQL 2014, see the Microsoft SQL website